Homepage > 0304 > Articles

Muggers batter Bees fan senseless in alley

The BFCSA committee sends its consolations to David and wishes him a speedy recovery.

There is much talk of arranging collections on the official site's messageboard. Please give generously to any collections which will hopefully be in place at the Dover game on Saturday 10 January.

The article below is from the Barnet Times Website.

By Alex Kasriel

Police are hunting for three men after a 42-year-old man with learning difficulties was left for dead on Boxing Day after being savagely attacked.

David Dawson suffered horrific injuries when three men pushed him into an alleyway off Salisbury Road, Barnet, and beat him unconscious.

Despite the severity of the attack, Mr Dawson, a road sweeper, remained upbeat after being flooded with get-well cards from friends and family. The lifelong Barnet FC fan also received a late Christmas present from the club a shirt signed by all the players.

"Friends, neighbours and family have been fantastic," said Mr Dawson at his home in Salisbury Road." So have the police and the hospital. I won't let it stop me from going out."

Mr Dawson left The Mitre Pub, in High Street, Barnet, at 11pm after Barnet's 2-2 draw with Woking. He was approached by the three men and, despite handing over his £100 mobile phone and £60 cash, they repeatedly punched and kicked him.

He lay unconscious for three hours before crawling home and being rushed to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield, where he spent three nights recovering from his injuries.

His father David, 71, said: "What holes do these people slip into? When they come out of them, where do they go? No self-respecting person would do that."

Investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Keith Surtees said: "He was left, for all intents and purposes, dead. We're treating it as an attempted murder inquiry."

All three attackers were aged between 25 and 30.

The first was black, 5ft 9in tall, stocky with short black hair in plaits. He was wearing jeans and white trainers.

The second was white, 5ft 6in tall, thin, with collar-length two-tone hair. He also spoke with a stammer.

The third suspect is white, 6ft 3in tall, stocky with short dark brown cropped hair. He wore a tracksuit with yellow stripes down the side and a brown leather jacket.

Anyone with information should call Det Chief Insp Surtees on 020 8733 4595.

  Homepage > 0304 > Articles > Back To Top